Managing employees is a lot about understanding different personalities types, how they communicate, and what are the tasks that best suit each one. Studies have linked employee happiness with greater productivity. Things to take into account and set as priorities when managing employees are as follows: Maintaining a clear communication, as well, a clear objective and vision for business; offering good benefits; giving value; growth opportunity; and recognizing employee success.
Here is a great quote from Richard Branson on this topic: Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.
There are great books on this topic that many of the entrepreneurs listed here recommend on the topic of managing employees. Here are some of the most mentioned.
1. The New One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard, PhD and by Spencer Johnson, MD
2. The E Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
3. Never East Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
4. Good to Great by Jim Collins
5. Crush it! Why Now is the Time to Cash in on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
6. The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris